Subject: pgsql: doc: Correct the timeline for OAuth's shutdown_cb

From: Jacob Champion <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 21:44:41 +0000

doc: Correct the timeline for OAuth's shutdown_cb

During original feature development, the OAuth validator shutdown
callback was invoked via before_shmem_exit(). That was changed to use a
reset callback before commit, but I forgot to update the documentation
for validator developers.

Correct this and backport to 18, where OAuth was introduced. The
callback is invoked whenever the server is "finished" with token
validation. (We make no stronger guarantees here, in the hopes that this
API might successfully navigate future multifactor authentication
support and/or changes to the server threading model.)

Reported-by: Zsolt Parragi <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Zsolt Parragi <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Chao Li <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAN4CZFOuMb_gnLvCwRdMybg_k8WRNJTjcij%2BPoQkuQHDUzxGWg%40mail.gmail.com
Backpatch-through: 18

Branch
------
REL_18_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/380a8b2ea024c33a35e7abc8628e7c4f52f9f9f9

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/oauth-validators.sgml | 7 ++++---
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)