Subject: pgsql: Fix another case of indirectly casting away const.

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 15:38:15 +0000

Fix another case of indirectly casting away const.

Like 8f1791c61, this fixes a case of implicitly casting away
const by not treating the result of strrchr() on a const pointer
as const.  This was missed at the time because the machines
reporting those warnings weren't building with --with-llvm.

While here, clean up another infelicity: in the probably-
impossible case that the input string contains only one dot,
this function would call pnstrdup() with a length of -1
and thereby emit a module name equal to the function name.
It seems to me we should emit modname = NULL instead.

Also remove a useless Assert and two redundant assignments.

Back-patch, as 8f1791c61 was, so that users of back branches
don't see this warning when building with late-model gcc.

Reported-by: hubert depesz lubaczewski <[email-masked]>
Author: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 14

Branch
------
REL_17_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cefe7576404f5c96f25d4f683ffab72634c421fa

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/jit/llvm/llvmjit.c | 24 ++++++++++++++----------
1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)