Subject: pgsql: Move WAIT_FOR_WAL_* wait events from Client to IPC class

From: Alexander Korotkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2026 18:00:01 +0000

Move WAIT_FOR_WAL_* wait events from Client to IPC class

WAIT_FOR_WAL_FLUSH, WAIT_FOR_WAL_REPLAY, and WAIT_FOR_WAL_WRITE were
placed in the WaitEventClient class.  But WaitEventClient is about
waiting for a socket to become readable or writable, while these events
have other delay sources as well: local fsync and local replay, which
may be disk- or CPU-bound.  WaitEventIPC is a better fit, so move them
there.

Reported-by: Noah Misch <[email-masked]>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/[email-masked]
Backpatch-through: 19

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/306d7680f084cf320841128f23d888294ecba6cd

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/activity/wait_event_names.txt | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)