Subject: Fwd: [SQL] aggregate function stddev

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:38:21 -0700

Folks,

Sending this remark to the list so that I/we don't forget to patch it .....

========================================
Just noticed that the postgres stddev is the stddev_sample formula.
There are two different ways to calculate this value.
Their difference is very small with large samle size.  It would be nice
to distinguish the two different versions.
========================================

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:03:22 -0400

The documentation already points out that stddev is the sample standard
deviation.

			regards, tom lane