Subject: XML2 contrib does not refer to 8.0

From: Simon Riggs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:44:43 +0000

In pgsql/contrib/xml2/README.xml2 I see:

"The current build process will only work if the files are in
contrib/xml in a PostgreSQL 7.3 or 7.4 source tree which has been
configured and built (If you alter the subdir value in the Makefile
you can place it in a different directory in a PostgreSQL tree)."

Surely this should refer to 8.0 also?

-- 
Best Regards, Simon Riggs
Index: README.xml2
===================================================================
RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql/contrib/xml2/README.xml2,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -d -c -r1.1 README.xml2
*** README.xml2	14 Mar 2004 03:19:13 -0000	1.1
--- README.xml2	18 Jan 2005 22:41:17 -0000
***************
*** 14,20 ****
  ------------
  
  The current build process will only work if the files are in
! contrib/xml in a PostgreSQL 7.3 or 7.4 source tree which has been
  configured and built (If you alter the subdir value in the Makefile
  you can place it in a different directory in a PostgreSQL tree).
  
--- 14,20 ----
  ------------
  
  The current build process will only work if the files are in
! contrib/xml in a PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4 or 8.0 source tree which has been
  configured and built (If you alter the subdir value in the Makefile
  you can place it in a different directory in a PostgreSQL tree).

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:18:45 -0500

> Surely this should refer to 8.0 also?

Depends on if it actually works in 8.0 I'd imagine. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: John Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:59:57 +0000

> Depends on if it actually works in 8.0 I'd imagine. 

It does work in 8.0 (it had a last-minute fix for a segfault) - and
moreover the other mistake is that it is now in contrib/xml2 not
contrib/xml. If a committer would like to amend it, please do - or I can
submit a patch. 

Regards

John

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:21:39 -0500 (EST)

I have fixed the README in 8.0.X and CVS HEAD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Gray wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:14:23 -0500 (EST)

I have updated CVS HEAD and 8.0.X to reflect the versions supported by
xml2.  Thanks.

> Surely this should refer to 8.0 also?

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [email-masked])