Subject: small fixes for REINDEX doc page

From: Josh Kupershmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:13:39 -0400

Hi all,

Attached are two small fixes for the REINDEX page. The first change
should be a straightforward typofix, and for the second change "takes
an exclusive lock" sounds better and is more consistent with the rest
of our documentation's phrasing than "takes exclusive lock".

Josh
diff --git a/doc/src/sgml/ref/reindex.sgml b/doc/src/sgml/ref/reindex.sgml
index 3dfaef4..cabae19 100644
--- a/doc/src/sgml/ref/reindex.sgml
+++ b/doc/src/sgml/ref/reindex.sgml
@@ -46,7 +46,7 @@ REINDEX { INDEX | TABLE | DATABASE | SYSTEM } <replaceable class="PARAMETER">nam
 
     <listitem>
      <para>
-      An index has become <quote>bloated</>, that it is contains many
+      An index has become <quote>bloated</>, that is it contains many
       empty or nearly-empty pages.  This can occur with B-tree indexes in
       <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> under certain uncommon access
       patterns. <command>REINDEX</command> provides a way to reduce
@@ -203,7 +203,7 @@ REINDEX { INDEX | TABLE | DATABASE | SYSTEM } <replaceable class="PARAMETER">nam
    but not reads of the index's parent table.  It also takes an exclusive lock
    on the specific index being processed, which will block reads that attempt
    to use that index.  In contrast, <command>DROP INDEX</> momentarily takes
-   exclusive lock on the parent table, blocking both writes and reads.  The
+   an exclusive lock on the parent table, blocking both writes and reads.  The
    subsequent <command>CREATE INDEX</> locks out writes but not reads; since
    the index is not there, no read will attempt to use it, meaning that there
    will be no blocking but reads might be forced into expensive sequential

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 21:10:59 -0400

> of our documentation's phrasing than "takes exclusive lock".

committed