Subject: Failed in moving database objects to another tablespace

From: "liuyuanyuan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:41:06 +0800

Hi !

I installed my postgresql and pgadmin III with an windows 32bit installer.

My environment:

Windows7 64bit

Postgresql 9.4.0 

Pgadmin III 1.20.0

Then I found the new function in pgadmin III : move database objects to
another tablespace.

First, I tried to execute this function and failed,  just as follow (PS: the
ok and cancle button cannot display well, please check):

Then, I tried to execute an sql command like this:

  ALTER TABLESPACE pg_default MOVE TABLES OWNED BY yy TO "table";

And I still got an error:

  ERROR:  syntax error at or near "MOVE"

LINE 1: ALTER tablespace pg_default MOVE TABLES OWNED BY yy TO "tabl...

                                    ^

Then I ckeck the Postgresql Document of www.postgresql.org , and I couldn't
find the Syntaxs: ALTER TABLESPACE . MOVE.

So I have to report this problem. Hope to get some reply!

Thanks and Regards!

Liu Yuanyuan

Blog: http://my.oschina.net/liuyuanyuangogo

---

From: Euler Taveira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:59:50 -0300

>   ALTER TABLESPACE pg_default MOVE TABLES OWNED BY yy TO "table";
This syntax was changed _before_ 9.4 release. The new syntax is:

ALTER TABLE ALL IN TABLESPACE foo SET TABLESPACE bar;

The problem is in pgAdmin. I bet you're running a pgAdmin beta version
or something like that. Could you confirm the exact pgAdmin version?

-- 
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/
   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento, Suporte 24x7 e Treinamento

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: JasmineLiu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 18:26:39 -0700 (MST)

Euler Taveira wrote
> Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list (

> pgsql-docs@

> )

Thanks for your replay!
That's all about my pgadmin, please check!
<http://postgresql.nabble.com/file/n5853510/QQ%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20150611101253.jpg> 

Regards!

Liu Yuanyuan

--
View this message in context: http://postgresql.nabble.com/Failed-in-moving-database-objects-to-another-tablespace-tp5853305p5853510.html
Sent from the PostgreSQL - docs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.