Subject: Docs build failure on plpgsql.sgml

From: Mark Kirkwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:45:18 +1300

I am seeing a docs build failure :
openjade:plpgsql.sgml:1646:10:E: end tag for "SECT3" omitted, but 
OMITTAG NO was specified
openjade:plpgsql.sgml:1640:5: start tag was here
make: *** [html] Error 1

Adding an extra </sect3> tag after line 1645 will make it build ok on my 
system (not sure if that was the intent of the previous change tho)

regards

Mark

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:11:59 -0500

> I am seeing a docs build failure :

Fixed, thanks.  (You must be running a pickier version of docbook
than is installed at postgresql.org ...)

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Mark Kirkwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:36:55 +1300

Hmmm ... good point - configure thinks I am running 4.2, but the 
stylesheets etc might be more recent than postgresql.org's:

$ rpm -qa|grep docbook
docbook-dtds-1.0-25
docbook-style-dsssl-1.78-4

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:14:31 -0300

> docbook-style-dsssl-1.78-4

Peter announced just the other day he wants the docs to be built with
stylesheets 1.79 ...

-- 
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]dcc.uchile.cl>)
"Ciencias políticas es la ciencia de entender por qué
 los políticos actúan como lo hacen"  (netfunny.com)

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:33:55 -0500

> Peter announced just the other day he wants the docs to be built with

Mark's versions are the same as what I have on an up-to-date Fedora Core
3 box.  (And I did duplicate his failure upon trying ... I'd not tried
to build the docs on that box lately.)

If 1.78 is pickier than 1.79, I think it's good to keep ourselves honest
by making sure that the docs build against 1.78.  We can say that 1.79
wins if differences of visual presentation come up, but as far as the
markup correctness is concerned, better tighter than looser.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:19:04 +0100

> than is installed at postgresql.org ...)

I think the only thing that could affect this is the version of 
jade/openjade.  Certainly not the stylesheet version.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/