Subject: Links to static and interactive docs on each page

From: "Jim C. Nasby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:49:54 -0600

I'm wondering if it would be useful to add links to the HTML doc
headers/footers that point to the static or interactive versions
depending on which was being displayed. I know I sometimes want to
switch back and forth.

It would also be neat if the static pages indicated if there were
comments available for a page. Of course if they ran a query to check
that it would defeat the purpose of having static pages, but ISTM it
would be reasonable to have a process that periodically updates pages
that have any comments on them; along the lines of 'This page has x
comments; click here to read them'
-- 
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [email-masked]
Pervasive Software      http://pervasive.com    work: 512-231-6117
vcard: http://jim.nasby.net/pervasive.vcf       cell: 512-569-9461

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:54:55 -0500

> depending on which was being displayed. I know I sometimes want to

I don't see the point exactly.  People who are interested in the
comments will be reading the interactive version already, and those
who aren't don't need a link.  The reverse direction seems a bit
pointless too, since you've already loaded a page with all the info
that's on the static page.

			regards, tom lane