Subject: reminder for those working on docs

From: Vince Vielhaber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:20:37 -0400 (EDT)

Since 7.4 is getting real close and docs are going to be going through
their final once-overs.  Please remember to have a look at the DocNote
comments that have been submitted.  Once 7.4 is released the current
notes will be gone.

	http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/checknotes.php

The above url will show the notes and what they're in relation to with
a link to that particular piece of documentation.

Vince.
-- 
==========================================================================
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [email-masked]    http://www.pop4.net
         56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
      http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
==========================================================================

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:16:15 -0400

Vince Vielhaber <[email-masked]> writes:
> Since 7.3 is getting real close and docs are going to be going through
> comments that have been submitted.  Once 7.3 is released the current
> notes will be gone.

I've gone through this, and found only a couple of things that seemed
worth migrating into the 7.3 docs.  Perhaps I just have a low tolerance
for silliness tonight, but it seemed like the average quality of the
comments was a lot lower than in previous release cycles :-(

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:18:52 -0400 (EDT)

> comments was a lot lower than in previous release cycles :-(

It is possible our docs are getting clearer and there is less fiddling
to do.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:27:02 -0400

> It is possible our docs are getting clearer and there is less fiddling

Or I'm just being a jerk tonight.  Anyone else care to make a pass
through the comments?  It seemed like an awful lot of the stuff that
was credible at all was "point <foo> should be mentioned over here in
part <bar>", which I mostly didn't agree with, but maybe someone else
would see it differently.

			regards, tom lane