Subject: 7.35b doc bug?

From: elein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:40:59 -0800

In 4.2 User Attributes, the word geqo should probably be changed to
enable_indexscan.

4.2 User Attributes...

 A user can also set personal defaults for many of the run-time configuration settings described in 
Section 3.4. For example, if for some reason you want to disable index scans 
(hint: not a good idea) anytime you connect, you can use

ALTER USER myname SET enable_indexscan TO off;

This will save the setting (but not set it immediately) and in subsequent 
connections it will appear as though SET geqo TO off; had been called right 
before the session started.

This probably should read:

 A user can also set personal defaults for many of the run-time configuration 
settings described in Section 3.4. For example, if for some reason you want 
to disable index scans (hint: not a good idea) anytime you connect, you can 
use

ALTER USER myname SET enable_indexscan TO off;

This will save the setting (but not set it immediately) and in subsequent 
connections it will appear as though SET enable_indexscan TO off; had been 
called right before the session started.

[email-masked]
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com
                                    It's a doggie dog world.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:02:03 -0500 (EST)

This was corrected by Peter already:

	revision 2.21
	date: 2002/09/25 21:16:10;  author: petere;  state: Exp;  lines: +141 -57
	Enhance the description of user and database management.  Reduce the
	number of forward references in the admin guide.

You can see the new text at:

	http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/manage-ag-config.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

elein wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
> 
> http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073