Subject: 7.35b doc bug?

From: elein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:16:13 -0800

In 4.2 User Attributes, the word geqo should probably be changed to
enable_indexscan.

4.2 User Attributes...

 A user can also set personal defaults for many of the run-time configuration 
settings described in 
Section 3.4. For example, if for some reason you want to disable index scans 
(hint: not a good idea) anytime you connect, you can use

ALTER USER myname SET enable_indexscan TO off;

This will save the setting (but not set it immediately) and in subsequent 
connections it will appear as though SET geqo TO off; had been called right 
before the session started.

This probably should read:

 A user can also set personal defaults for many of the run-time configuration 
settings described in Section 3.4. For example, if for some reason you want 
to disable index scans (hint: not a good idea) anytime you connect, you can 
use

ALTER USER myname SET enable_indexscan TO off;

This will save the setting (but not set it immediately) and in subsequent 
connections it will appear as though SET enable_indexscan TO off; had been 
called right before the session started.

[email-masked]
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com
                                    It's a doggie dog world.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:26:25 -0500

> In 4.2 User Attributes, the word geqo should probably be changed to

This seems to be fixed already in CVS tip.  But thanks for the report!

			regards, tom lane