Subject: Linking to "current" docs

From: Ian Barwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:55:56 +0100

With the "old" idocs it was possible to create links to the "current"
version of individual documentation pages without having to
provide a Postgres version number, e.g.:

http://www.PostgreSQL.org/idocs/index.php?kernel-resources.html

which would remain constant over longer periods of time. Providing
no major restructuring of the docs takes place, this is a useful
low-maintenance way of linking to the docs without worrying
too much about version changes and seems to be used in a 
variety of places.

With the new documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/
(which is BTW very nice) this approach doesn't appear to work :-(.

Would it be possible to modify the new docs to provide similar
functionality? E.g. something like

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=current&idoc=0&file=sql-createtable.html

If neccessary I can provide time to do this (though I have no idea
of what would be involved ;-).

Ian Barwick
[email-masked]