Subject: Docs on PREPARE sql command should probably point to DEALLOCATE ...

From: James Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:32:20 -0400

In reading the 7.4.2 docs, the sql reference page for PREPARE doesn't 
reference DEALLOCATE in any way. It points to EXECUTE, but not to 
DEALLOCATE. Suggested fix:

... This also means that a single  prepared statement cannot be used by 
multiple simultaneous database clients; however, each client can create 
their own prepared statement  to use. The prepared statement can be 
manually cleaned up using the DEALLOCATE command.

----
James Robinson
Socialserve.com

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:37:16 -0400 (EDT)

Patch applied.  Thanks.  Your documentation changes can be viewed in
five minutes using links at the bottom of the developer's page,
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Robinson wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>       subscribe-nomail command to [email-masked] so that your
>       message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073