Subject: PostgreSQL delete the blank in the end of the String automatically. how can I avoid it?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:27:34 +0200 (MEST)

hello,

my Name is Rong. I am student at TU-Munich. I have some questions for
Postgresql7.2  under SuSe Linux.
Postgresql7.2  under SuSe Linux8.0.
I use PostgreSQL7.2 with PGAdminII1.4.2 under Windows2000.

I insert a String from Teleform6.0 of Cardiff through ODBC in table of
PostgreSQL.
There should be some blank in the End of the String. e.g: "data           
     "
But there ist no blank in the end of the String in the table. e.g: "data"
It means, that PostgreSQL delete the blank in the end of the String
automatically.
But I need the blank in the end of the String.
how can I avoid it?

How can convert TIFF Raw G3 to TIFF G4(image file format) in shell script
of linux.

 I hope I can get your Help!
Thank you very much!

best regards!

rong

---

From: Stephan Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

> I use PostgreSQL7.2 with PGAdminII1.4.2 under Windows2000.

Note, 7.2 is fairly old (and I hope you really mean 7.2.x for the last x
in the set of 7.2 versions)

> But I need the blank in the end of the String.

What type are you inserting into?  Can you give a self contained set of
table creation and inserts to show the problem?