Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Do we need more emphasis on backup?

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 18:24:20 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Should I add an FAQ discussing hardware selection and the importance
> > of reliable hardware?
> 
> I'm not a fan of having N "FAQs" for N topics.  Just put it into the 
> documentation.

No, I was thinking of adding an FAQ _item_ about it, not a new FAQ.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Kaarel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:43:47 +0300

> No, I was thinking of adding an FAQ _item_ about it, not a new FAQ.

I think it would actually make a nice subchapter of the official 
documentation. Although not strictly PostgreSQL specific but a "best 
practices" section under Administration and with a reference from 
Introduction would be good.

Kaarel