Subject: runtime-config.sgml

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:52:18 -0700

Folks,

What do you think of breaking this file into two pieces?   Currently it's 
about 40 screens long.    I was thinking one page for all the descriptive 
information (which I'm working on making longer) and one page for the 
"dictionary" of GUC options.

-- 
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:39:51 +0200

Josh Berkus wrote:
> What do you think of breaking this file into two pieces?   Currently
> it's about 40 screens long.    I was thinking one page for all the
> descriptive information (which I'm working on making longer) and one
> page for the "dictionary" of GUC options.

We currently have a one file per chapter arrangement, and I think it 
would be best if we kept that.  The more exceptions we add, the more 
difficult it will be to handle.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:08:51 -0700

Peter,

> difficult it will be to handle.

Hmmm ... I'm not so concerned about the number of *files* as about the number 
of *screens*.   Is there anything we can do to break up long chapters like 
this?

-- 
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco