Subject: Does "console code page" issue apply to MinGW, Cygwin builds?

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:32:02 -0500

At the bottom of
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/install-win32.html
there is some info about having to set the correct console code page
for psql.  Does this apply to the MinGW and/or Cygwin builds, or is it
only relevant for Visual C++ and Borland C++ builds?  If the former,
it's in the wrong place.  I am not sure what the right place is though.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:22:04 -0500 (EST)

> it's in the wrong place.  I am not sure what the right place is though.

It applies to all of them.  I think it should just be in the psql manual
page, no?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:42:08 -0500

> It applies to all of them.  I think it should just be in the psql manual

Barring objections, I'll move it there.

			regards, tom lane