Subject: FAQ doesn't mention ALTER COLUMN TYPE

From: Michael Fuhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:07:45 -0700

Question 4.4 in the FAQ, "How do you remove a column from a table,
or change its data type?" doesn't mention 8.0's ability to alter a
column's type with ALTER TABLE tab ALTER COLUMN col TYPE new_type.
Since 8.0 is coming up the FAQ should probably mention this.

-- 
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:02:25 -0500 (EST)

> Since 8.0 is coming up the FAQ should probably mention this.

Good point.  Done.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073