Subject: FAQ on oids is out of date.

From: Kris Jurka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:05:15 -0500 (EST)

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/faqs/FAQ.html#4.16

The FAQ on oids is out of date.  It claims that they are globally unique 
and that no one has ever rolled over the oid counter.  This should be 
changed to actively discourage their use.

Kris Jurka

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:42:55 -0500 (EST)

Yep, the FAQ was _very_ out of date.  If you look at it now you will
find a lot of it has been updated.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris Jurka wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>       joining column's datatypes do not match
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073