Subject: more concurrency information in the documentation

From: "Merlin Moncure" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:25:05 -0500

I was looking for some good documentation resources on dealing with
database concurrency issues online and I stumbled across this gem from
Microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/h
tml/concurev4M.asp

In it is a kind of 'best practices' in dealing with various concurrency
issues in the 'real world' i.e. a business environment.  Would a
similarly structured document covering concurrency issues be acceptable
in the PostgreSQL documentation?

Merlin

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:42:48 -0500 (EST)

> in the PostgreSQL documentation?

I read the headings on the page and read the first line of each section,
and had very little idea what they were talking about.  What exactly
would you like to cover?  It seems more like concurrency basics rather
than something we would have in our docs.  Perhaps we should like to
more outside documentation, but the URL you provided is so content-light
that I would not recommend it.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073