Subject: Translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:46:57 +0800

Has anyone translate Postgresql FAQ into Chinese before? If not, I'd like to
come up with one. So I'd like to know the requirements of the translation:
like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?

Regards,
Qingqing

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:55:13 -0500 (EST)

> like what type of the file (plain text or html) should I submit?

I thought there would be one here:

	http://www.pgsqldb.org/

but the FAQ entry isn't ours.  To do the translation, pull the HTML
version from our web site, translate it, and email it to the patches
list.  I will take it and add it to our next release.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: "Qingqing Zhou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:33:14 +0800

"Robert Klein" <[email-masked]> writes
>
> The FAQ entry there is about the web site, not about PostgreSQL. The
> entry below FAQ on the left hand leads to a link collection, the first
> of which points to a chinese translation of the FAQ at
> http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.
>

I see, that's a PostgreSQL FAQ Chinese version.

Regards,
Qingqing

---

From: Robert Klein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:54:14 +0100

Bruce Momjian wrote:

 > I thought there would be one here
 >  http://www.pgsqldb.org/but the FAQ entry isn't ours.
 > To do the translation, pull the HTML

Regards,
Robert

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:59:54 -0400 (EDT)

> http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html.

Great. That is it.  Would you email the author, Laser, and ask him if I
can add it to our CVS and if he would send any updates to me in the
future?

---

From: Weiping <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:07:10 +0800

gee, my last mail bounced back because the size of attachement.
repost here:

   I've Just catch this thread. The attachement is a plain text version
   convert using firefox. Wish it could be add to the repository.
   It's a little bit old, but we've just build a PostgreSQL i18n
   Chinese team, so, I think we could update the FAQ with the
   main postgresql  version.  and we'll very happy if Mr. Zhou
   could help it.

  Thianks and regards
   laser

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:15:29 -0400 (EDT)

> I see, that's a PostgreSQL FAQ Chinese version.

Great.  I pulled the HTML version of the Chinese FAQ from
http://www.pgsqldb.org/postgres-faq.html and generated the text version
on my end. I also backpatched it to 8.0.X.  If you make changes, would
you email me a new HTML version or let me know so I can download it from
your web site and keep it up to date.  Thanks.