Subject: broken link on techdocs

From: Jeff Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:20:58 -0700

I tried to access
<http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>

and it says that the connection was refused. However, that's a useful
document and I'm not sure it has a replacement. Is this a temporary host
server problem, or is that a broken link?

Maybe for outside links we should periodically run one of those web
crawler things that checks for broken links. It seems unprofessional
when we have broken links anywhere on the site. Also, it can alert us to
resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:47:10 -0400

Just FYI this is off topic in this group.  Emails regarding techdocs should be 
directed to pgsql-www or [email-masked]. 

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 16:20, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I tried to access
> <http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/P
>ostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>
>

Apparently it was a temporary hosting issue, as it seems to be working now. 

> resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Well, I'm happy to host it on techdocs if he wants to move it there. 

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL