Subject: Typo in PostgreSQL 8.1 release notes

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:52:56 +0200

The release notes for PostgreSQL 8.1 read:

-------------------------------------------------------
E.1.3.12. pg_dump Changes

    * Add -n / --schema switch to pg_restore (Richard van den Bergg)
-------------------------------------------------------

There is one g too many in my last name. It would be nice if this can be
fixed before the final release.

Sincerely,

-- 
Richard van den Berg, CISSP
-------------------------------------------
Trust Factory B.V. |     www.dna-portal.net
Bazarstraat 44a    |  www.trust-factory.com
2518AK The Hague   |  Phone: +31 70 3620684
The Netherlands    |  Fax  : +31 70 3603009
-------------------------------------------

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:52:49 -0400 (EDT)

Fixed, thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard van den Berg wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:36:06 -0400

> > fixed before the final release.

Hmm, I just committed the fix and was waiting to receive the
pgsql-committers message before sending the confirmation, but I haven't
gotten it yet.  Did I do something wrong?  It was my first commit to
this repo.

... maybe I should subscribe-nomail to the pgsql-committers list with
the @postgresql.org address?

-- 
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
(Carrie Snow)

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 18:03:06 -0400 (EDT)

I did see the commit message.  Perhaps it will show in the archives
tomorrow:

	http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-09/index.php

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:09:36 -0400

> I did see the commit message.

I didn't see it either.  I think Marc normally does something to ensure
that committers' messages will go through, but maybe he forgot this
time?  Or is there a more general problem with pgsql-committers?  The
last traffic I got from it is

 Subject: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: libpgport routines need nonstandard palloc to wor

which I committed just before leaving for the weekend on Saturday.
Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

It is possible I did not see it.  I now remember I saw the CVS log
message, not the email text.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:06:38 -0400

> Was Alvaro's commit the only one over the weekend?

I pulled down the CVS logs and verified that it was the only such
commit.  So the problem is most likely specific to Alvaro's account
and not a list-wide issue.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 21:50:26 -0400

> and not a list-wide issue.

Yeah, I guess I should subscribe the postgresql.org address to the list
so the commit message is not held for moderation, but I cannot do that
right now because there seems to be a problem with my email account.

-- 
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"La conclusión que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
no podemos sacar ninguna conclusión de ellos" (Tanenbaum)

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 23:07:27 -0300 (ADT)

This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.

--0-651212018-1125886047=:1044
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE

Actually, that wouldn't fix it ... but, I've fixed commit messages for 
both you and Andrew now ...

> right now because there seems to be a problem with my email account.

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
Email: [email-masked]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664
--0-651212018-1125886047=:1044--