Subject: List of tables, figures and examples

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:02:14 -0300

Hey,

At the bottom of the TOC we have very long lists of tables, figures and
examples.  I recall somebody said we could get rid of them?  Personally
I find them annoying and useless; if somebody thinks they're useful,
perhaps they could me moved elsewhere, like the page following the TOC.

(It annoys me that whenever I look up the index, I scroll down all the
way to the bottom, but then I have to move back to the middle of the
page.)

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                           Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
(Hobbes)

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:10:33 +0200

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> At the bottom of the TOC we have very long lists of tables, figures
> and examples.  I recall somebody said we could get rid of them? 

They're gone now.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:16:04 -0400

> > and examples.  I recall somebody said we could get rid of them?

Doh.

-- 
Robert Treat
Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

---

From: Richard Huxton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:50:15 +0100

>>and examples.  I recall somebody said we could get rid of them? 

Comparing the developer docs to the 8.1beta I downloaded, that's a huge 
improvement.

-- 
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd