Subject: pgsql: Fix non-improvement of description of archive_timeout.

From: [email-masked] (Tom Lane)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 16:06:15 -0300 (ADT)

Log Message:
-----------
Fix non-improvement of description of archive_timeout.  archive_command
is only invoked on completed WAL segments, period --- there's no 'by
default' about it.

Modified Files:
--------------
    pgsql/doc/src/sgml:
        config.sgml (r1.82 -> r1.83)
        (http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml.diff?r1=1.82&r2=1.83)

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:15:38 -0400 (EDT)

> Log Message:

Uh, the text is now:

        The <xref linkend="guc-archive-command"> is only invoked on completed
        WAL segments. Hence,

as it was before my change.  My point in the change is that
archive-timeout causes non-filled archive files to be "completed".  I
see why the "By default" could be a problem.  I am now thinking we need
a word other than "completed".  That suggests filled, when it is not
full.  Expired?  No.  Anyone?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian   [email-masked]
  EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +