Subject: bug in psql-ref

From: Andreas Seltenreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 06:49:18 +0200

While testing the texinfo target, I noticed the following bug in the
psql reference.  Declaring a printed character as part of the control
sequence is likely to confuse readline about what is on the screen,
causing unreliable line editing.

Patch attached.

regards,
andreas

Index: doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml
===================================================================
RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml,v
retrieving revision 1.169
diff -u -r1.169 psql-ref.sgml
--- doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml	16 Sep 2006 00:30:19 -0000	1.169
+++ doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml	29 Sep 2006 04:27:42 -0000
@@ -2491,7 +2491,7 @@
          <literal>%]</literal>. Multiple pairs of these may occur within
          the prompt.  For example,
 <programlisting>
-testdb=&gt; \set PROMPT1 '%[%033[1;33;40m%]%n@%/%R%[%033[0m%#%] '
+testdb=&gt; \set PROMPT1 '%[%033[1;33;40m%]%n@%/%R%[%033[0m%]%# '
 </programlisting>
          results in a boldfaced (<literal>1;</literal>) yellow-on-black
          (<literal>33;40</literal>) prompt on VT100-compatible, color-capable

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:14:49 -0400 (EDT)

Patch applied.  Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

-- 
  Bruce Momjian   [email-masked]
  EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

  + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +