Subject: Docs warning & indention

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:57:33 +0100

Hi!

First, I get the following warning when building docs on win32:
d:\prog\pgsql\docbook\openjade-1.3.1\bin\openjade:bookindex.sgml:1:21:E:
an attribute value literal can occur in an attribute specification list only
after a vi delimiter

Is this something known to happen, or is something broken in my setup?

Second, is there any tool that does indentation cleanup on our sgml
source files that someone can recommend? (doesn't have to be win32)

//Magnus

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:36:28 +0100

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> d:\prog\pgsql\docbook\openjade-1.3.1\bin\openjade:bookindex.sgml:1:21
>:E: an attribute value literal can occur in an attribute specification
> list only after a vi delimiter
>

It would be useful to see what the file contains at the indicated 
position.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:38:08 +0100

> It would be useful to see what the file contains at the indicated 

It's in the message. bookindex.sgml, line 1, position 21. That line is:
<index id=''bookindex''>

which certainly has some funky quotes, but I don't know if that's
normal? IIRC, bookindex.sgml is auto-generated?

//Magnus

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:21:16 +0100

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> It's in the message. bookindex.sgml, line 1, position 21. That line
> is: <index id=''bookindex''>

That's certainly broken.

> normal? IIRC, bookindex.sgml is auto-generated?

Correct.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:59:03 +0100

> > is: <index id=''bookindex''>

Good to have that confirmed. I found the bug - win32 doesn't strip
single quotes from the commandline, and I had copied a command that used
single quotes for bookindex (the collateindex.pl call). Removed that and
it worked.

//Magnus