Subject: contact details in contrib module documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:29:33 +0200

I am getting an increased amount of private support inquiries about the 
uuid-ossp contrib module, probably because my name appears in the 
documentation for it.  I would remove it, so people use the normal 
mailing lists for that.  Are other modules similarly affected?

We don't have names in any of the other chapters, so perhaps we should 
remove all the names?

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:42:31 -0300

> We don't have names in any of the other chapters, so perhaps we should  

Why not just remove the email address, and keep the name?

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:17:38 -0500

> We don't have names in any of the other chapters, so perhaps we should 

This was discussed before and got some push-back:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2007-12/msg00012.php

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:26:42 +0100

> Why not just remove the email address, and keep the name?

What makes the contrib modules different from all the other parts of the
system in that they need the specific author listed? Other authors are
just listed in the release notes...

//Magnus