Subject: make vs. gmake

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:49:32 -0400

FYI, our source code build  docs suggest 'gmake' in a number of places
while 'make' would be used on other platforms.  Should we change these
to just say 'make'?  I think we suggested 'gmake' in the past because of
FreeBSD having BSD 'make' and requring GNU make.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + It's impossible for everything to be true. +

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:28:15 -0500

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 01:49:32PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> FreeBSD having BSD 'make' and requiring GNU make.

FYI, I am going to change 'gmake' mentions in the docs to 'make', as I
think it meets the need of most of our users/developers.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:08:27 -0500

> think it meets the need of most of our users/developers.

Done.