Subject: interval data type storage size

From: nuko yokohama <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:58:37 +0900

Hi,

PostgreSQL 9.3 document in "Table 8-9" of "8.5. Date / Time Types", storage
 size of the interval data type has 12 bytes.
However, the definition of "datatype/timestamp.h", size of the interval
data type was 16 bytes.
In addition, interval data type was 16 bytes even dump the results of the
table file.
"day" field to the interval data type is added in PostgreSQL 8.1, but do
not not been reflected in the document PostgreSQL at that time?

Regards.

----
nuko yokohama

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 04:25:56 -0400

On Thu, Apr  3, 2014 at 12:58:37PM +0900, nuko yokohama wrote:
> However, the definition of "datatype/timestamp.h", size of the interval data
> type was 16 bytes. 
> In addition, interval data type was 16 bytes even dump the results of the table
> file. 
> "day" field to the interval data type is added in PostgreSQL 8.1, but do not
> not been reflected in the document PostgreSQL at that time?

The interval data type size will be properly documented in the next
minor release.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + Everyone has their own god. +

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs