Subject: Need PostgreSQL Key words list

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:18:27 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-keywords-appendix.html
Description:

Hi,

Some people developing code formatting/highlighting plugins use this table
as the list of PostgreSQL key words:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-keywords-appendix.html 

However, that list isn't complete, eg. TIMESTAMPTZ, JSON, UUID... are
missing, probably because these aren't in SQL standard.

Would you please consider having a full list of PostgreSQL Key words, either
in that table, or somewhere else?

Thanks

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:08:28 -0500

> in that table, or somewhere else?

The most current keyworsd list is in our source tree:

	https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/include/parser/kwlist.h;h=26af944e03a1109210d36060fc9acebc1b6ffa20;hb=HEAD

However, that doesn't have TIMESTAMPTZ or JSON because those are data
types, not keywords.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:24:14 -0500

> missing, probably because these aren't in SQL standard.

Those are not key words.  They're just names.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Pavel Luzanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:30:59 +0300

> The most current keyworsd list is in our source tree:
And this list is accessible through the pg_get_keywords() function.

-----
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com
The Russian Postgres Company

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 09:36:02 -0500

> And this list is accessible through the pg_get_keywords() function.

Sorry, yes, I forgot we added that long ago.  Thanks.