Subject: you need this kind of explanation

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 08:05:33 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/index.html
Description:

right off the bat, you should have this kind of explanation up there in
chapter 1:

https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/what-is-the-default-password-for-postgresql/

this will orient any noobs immediately.

also, the word "role" and "user" should not be used interchangebly. they
mean different things.

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 16:48:14 -0700

> also, the word "role" and "user" should not be used interchangebly. they

If you have any improvements that you think are adapted about the
documentation of Postgres, please feel free to provide any patch of base
patch that you could use for discussion.  I am not sure if any kind of
information provided in the blog post you are mentioning above makes
much sense though, as the way Postgres is packaged, installed, deployed
and configured depends heavily on the way a given distribution or OS
wants to set it up, which could have many different requirements.
--
Michael