Subject: type point

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 06:15:08 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/datatype-geometric.html
Description:

I think that the information on points should contain a sentence like this:
"Order is Longitude, Latitude - so if you plot it as the map, it is (x,
y)."

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-geometric.html
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/a/47396542/1602492

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:03:05 -0400

> [2] https://stackoverflow.com/a/47396542/1602492

Well, as I remember, our geometric types don't know anything about
longitude or latitude.  PostGIS does handle this, but it is a separate
project team.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +