Subject: question, converting version 11 sgml files at once.

From: Ioseph Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:04:31 +0900

Hi.

I checked new version 11 doc files.

at git.postgresql.org

2017-11-23     Peter Eisentraut    Convert documentation to DocBook XML
2017-10-20     Peter Eisentraut    Convert SGML IDs to lower case
2017-10-17     Peter Eisentraut    Don't use SGML empty tags

there were these commit log.

I knew today that all sgml files have changed with these commit.

I want to change korean sgml files too.

How can I change all file at once?

I tried with sed, perl, even if python sgml parser coding, unfortunately 
this work was not easy.

Please let me know  secret method :)

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:09:48 +0100

> Please let me know  secret method :)

There is not a single method.  The process was a combination of manual
work supported by ad hoc scripts.  Some of them have been posted in the
"DocBook 5.x" thread.  If you follow the above commits you know what
needs to be done, and you can do it step by step, as we have done.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Ioseph Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:24:25 +0900

Thanks!

That is what I was looking for.

I'm trying to use a sgml2xml.pl script.

Regards, Ioseph

---

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:33:03 +0900 (JST)

Hi Ioseph,

BTW, Japan User Group is struggling with the same problem you have.
We try to merge the difference between REL_10 doc and REL_11 doc into
Japanese doc which is based on REL_10. We had too many conflicts there
and one of JPUG members has been trying sgml2xml.pl to reduce the
conflicts.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
English: http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en.php
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp