Subject: INSERT INTO RETURNING SYNTAX ERROR

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:42:27 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-insert.html
Description:

When using the RETURNING extension on the INSERT function when nested, does
not propagate the return value up, and causes a syntax error on the "INTO"
keyword, this is because the RETURNING extension is also expecting in "INTO"
key word, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation?

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:17:00 -0500

> key word, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation?

Uh, can you show us an example of the failure?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +