Subject: standalone-install.xml

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 09:08:58 +0900 (JST)

I just want to make sure that if I understand correctly what $subject says. In the file:

     The previous <command>initdb</command> step should have told you how to
     start up the database server. Do so now. The command should look
     something like:

I think "previous <command>initdb</command> step" means the actual
execution of initdb command, rather than it refers to the description
about initdb in the previous section of the doc.

In another word, "previous step should have told you how to start up
the database server" referes to the message from initdb:

Success. You can now start the database server using:

    pg_ctl -D data -l logfile start

Am I correct?

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
English: http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en.php
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

---

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 08:19:38 +0100

>     pg_ctl -D data -l logfile start

Right.

Maybe it were better to write:

  The output from the previous <command>initdb</command> step should have told you

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

---

From: Tatsuo Ishii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:43:39 +0900 (JST)

>   The output from the previous <command>initdb</command> step should have told you

Thanks. That's much clearer to me.

Best regards,