Subject: It is recommended to add detailed description about initdb ...

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 09:22:01 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/creating-cluster.html
Description:

When I run initdb -D /home/myname/pgsql/data in /home/myname/pgsql/bin, it
return bash: initdb: command not found.... The others are like this. It must
be /home/myname/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /home/myname/pgsql/data.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:04:09 -0500

> be /home/myname/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /home/myname/pgsql/data.

This is related to your PATH environment variable setting and not
something we document.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +