Subject: pg_ctl in Windows

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 03:22:10 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pg-ctl.html
Description:

Could it be added that in Windows pg_ctl needs to be run as administrator? I
spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the program didn't run, before
I found the answer online.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 17:47:19 -0500

> I found the answer online.

We don't have a lot of operating-spefic text in our docs, so a better
solution might be to issue an error message suggesting the cause.  What
command are you running and what does the failure look like?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +