Subject: missing 8.1.2 release notes

From: Kris Jurka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:29:16 -0500 (EST)

The 8.1.2 release notes are missing.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-8-1-2.html

Kris Jurka

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:45:50 -0500

> The 8.1.2 release notes are missing.

The static docs are 8.1.2 (Magnus did say he'd just uploaded the 8.1.3
docs update, but I suppose it hasn't propagated yet).  The current
release's notes are in release.html not a version-numbered page.

I've been annoyed before that we can't publish a stable URL for a given
release's notes until it's been superseded.  CC'ing pgsql-docs to see
if anyone has an idea how to get the front release's notes into a
sub-page... 

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:31:21 +0100

Tom Lane wrote:
> I've been annoyed before that we can't publish a stable URL for a
> given release's notes until it's been superseded.  CC'ing pgsql-docs
> to see if anyone has an idea how to get the front release's notes
> into a sub-page...

This is easy to do, but then it will affect all chapters.  Try to the
following patch, and if you like the format we can put it in place.

--- ../../../../cvs-pgsql/doc/src/sgml/stylesheet.dsl   2005-10-13 22:10:03.000000000 +0200
+++ stylesheet.dsl      2006-02-14 21:28:14.000000000 +0100
@@ -180,6 +180,9 @@
 (define %body-attr%             '())
 (define ($generate-book-lot-list$) '())

+;; Do not combine first section into chapter chunk.
+(define (chunk-skip-first-element-list) '())
+
 ;; Returns the depth of auto TOC that should be made at the nd-level
 (define (toc-depth nd)
   (cond ((string=? (gi nd) (normalize "book")) 2)