Subject: tables (and other objects) are automatically put into a schema named "public"

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 20:32:19 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/ddl-schemas.html
Description:

This statement is not true and is contradicted in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/sql-createtable.html which states
correctly that:
If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE TABLE myschema.mytable ...)
then the table is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created
in the current schema. 
It is also worth mentioning that if current_schema is empty (i.e.
,search_path is empty or contains the names of non-existent schemas)  you
get the error:
ERROR:  no schema has been selected to create in

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:06:32 +0100

> then the table is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created

The statement refers to the previous examples and says "by default".  I
don't think the statement is incorrect or inappropriate.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services