Subject: regarding dblink_fdw

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:10:52 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html
Description:

Hi.

I was trying to use dblink_fdw as provided by
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html,
though I managed to come into few issues:

* dblink_fdw data wrapper does not seem to be available by default with
postgresql10
* dblink_fdw extension does not seem to be distributed with postgresql10
* dblink_fdw extension does not seem to be mentioned in appendix F.
Additional Supplied Modules.

Are there any extra steps that should be done before you can create servers
using that data wrapper extension?

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 09:38:46 -0400

> Additional Supplied Modules.

dblink_fdw is provided by the dblink extension.  There's an example
of how to use it in the dblink docs.

Depending on whose packaging you're using, you might need to install
a "contrib" subpackage to get access to the appendix-F modules.

If you've successfully created the dblink extension in a given
database, and yet you still don't see any dblink_fdw, you might
need to "alter extension update" to bring dblink to something
newer than 1.0.

			regards, tom lane