Subject: SECTION 2.8.4 REVOKE CREATE ON SCHEMA

From: "Timothy Knowles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 01:11:27 +0000

Hi All,

Manual: PostgreSQL 7.3 user manual
Section: 2.8.4

Should the revoke statement read:

REVOKE CREATE SCHEMA ON public FROM PUBLIC;

Instead of

REVOKE CREATE ON public FROM PUBLIC;

Without specifying SCHEMA (on my installation at least) the revoke command 
complains about an "invalid privilege type CREATE for table object"

Best Regards,

Tim Knowles

_________________________________________________________________
On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 23:42:30 -0400

> REVOKE CREATE ON public FROM PUBLIC;

You mean 

REVOKE CREATE ON SCHEMA public FROM PUBLIC;

But yeah, the example is wrong.  Fix committed --- thanks!

			regards, tom lane