Subject: 66.6. Database Page Layout

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2026 10:43:12 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/18/storage-page-layout.html
Description:

> The second field contains the page checksum if -k are enabled.

-k -- This is enabled by default; use --no-data-checksums to disable
checksums.

Why does this need to be clarified?

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2026 23:58:55 +0200

> On 8 Jul 2026, at 12:43, PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

I'm not entirely sure which part you are referring to, but I agree that the
current wording isn't very good.

	"The second field contains the page checksum if -k are enabled."

I propose the attached patch which changes the sentence to "The second field
contains the page checksum if data checksums are enabled." with a link to the
Checksums chapter in the documentation instead.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

---

From: Laurenz Albe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2026 08:33:37 +0200

> Checksums chapter in the documentation instead.

That patch looks good to me.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe