Subject: IS DISTINCT FROM not documented

From: Bruno Wolff III <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:20:19 -0500

On one of the other lists a suggestion was made to use the IS DISTINCT FROM
operator. I didn't remember seeing anything about this before so I tried
to look it up in the 7.4.2 documentation. After not finding anything, I tried
grepping the documentation source and was only able to find a reference
to it in the release notes for 7.3. It may be that because of line breaks
or mark up that I missed it. But even if it is there, it doesn't seem to
be in an obvious place.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:24:11 -0400

Bruno Wolff III <[email-masked]> writes:
> ... But even if it is there, it doesn't seem to
> be in an obvious place.

Actually, I just added docs for the row-wise version a day or two ago:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-comparisons.html#AEN12851

But it should probably be mentioned somewhere in section 9.2 (comparison
operators) as well.  Anyone want to craft some text?

			regards, tom lane