Subject: Threes errors of to_char Examples

From: "liuyuanyuan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:10:40 +0800

Hi all!

I found three errors in postgresql9.4.1document, they are about to_char
examples.

Maybe other version of document also have those errors. Please Check and
modify~

In Chapter 9. Functions and Operators of
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/index.html> PostgreSQL 9.4.1
Documentation, I found this:

expression

result

to_char(148.5, '999D999')

' 148,500'

to_char(3148.5, '9G999D999')

' 3 148,500'

to_char(485, 'PL999')

'+485'

But, in fact their result are as follow:

postgres=# select to_char(148.5,'999D999');

to_char

----------

  148.500

(1 行记录)

postgres=# select to_char(3148.5,'9G999D999');

  to_char

------------

  3,148.500

(1 行记录)

Yuanyuan Liu

Blog: http://my.oschina.net/liuyuanyuangogo

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:21:52 -0500

> I found three errors in postgresql9.4.1document, they are about to_char

All the cases you mention vary depending on what locale you're using.

			regards, tom lane

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs