Subject: Incorrect and missing docs for range_intersect_agg

From: Shay Rojansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 23:35:10 +0200

Hi all,

range_intersect_agg is documented to return anymultirange (on this
page[1]), but it actually returns a range.

In addition, range_intersect_agg also accepts a multirange as its
parameter, but that's not documented on the same page. Note that range_agg
does *not* accept a multirange (possibly already added for PG15, see
this[2]).

Thanks,

Shay

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-aggregate.html
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg105057.html

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 13:18:29 -0400

> page[1]), but it actually returns a range.

The form with anyrange input, yeah.

> parameter, but that's not documented on the same page.

Hmm, this was fixed recently in HEAD, but it should have been
back-patched to v14 and was not.

Will fix, thanks for noticing!

			regards, tom lane