Subject: punctuation in function tables

From: Neil Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:35:12 +1000

The function definition tables in func.sgml use punctuation 
inconsistently: some descriptions are terminated by a period, some are 
not. Is there any opinion on which variant is "correct"?

If not, I'll update the docs so that sentences in descriptions are 
separated by periods, rather than terminated: so single sentence 
descriptions will have no period, and multiple sentence descriptions 
will have periods except for the last sentence. I have a vague 
recollection that we use this style elsewhere...

-Neil

---

From: Neil Conway <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:31:20 +1000

> not. Is there any opinion on which variant is "correct"?

I ended up not including a period in single-sentence function 
descriptions, but using both separating and terminating periods in 
multiple-sentence descriptions. Applied to HEAD.

-Neil