Subject: please unsubscribe me

From: Ferdian Zaman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 07:57:58 +0800 (SGT)

________________________________
From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
To: pgsql-docs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 4:04 AM
Subject: [DOCS] error codes table

Ref: http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/errcodes-appendix.html

It seems to me that the second and the third column in that table are
redundant.  The third is just the second with underscores and lower-case
letters.  I find this pretty confusing, first because of the sheer
(apparent) volume of information, and second because one might be led to
believe that there is a difference between the columns hidden somewhere.

I suppose at one point it was the intent that the second column contain
a human-readable explanation, but that hasn't been realized.

Also, the sentence above the table "The PL/pgSQL condition name for each
error code is the same as the phrase shown in the table, with
underscores substituted for spaces. For example, code 22012, DIVISION BY
ZERO, has condition name DIVISION_BY_ZERO." is redundant or obsolete.

I think we should just remove the second column from the table and
rephrase the paragraph above it accordingly.  At some point in the
future we could introduce a separate optional data field that adds
actual additional information about the error codes.

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: "Kevin Grittner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 22:11:42 -0500

Peter Eisentraut 

Ferdian Zaman  wrote:

Did you try visiting the web page mentioned in the post to which
you replied?  If so, did you have a problem unsubscribing?  If so,
please describe what happened so we can fix it.
 
-Kevin