Subject: json_populate_* functions have extra undocumented parameter

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 02:50:29 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/functions-json.html
Description:

The json_populate_record and json_populate_recordset functions have an extra
optional undocumented boolean parameter. According to
https://w3resource.com/PostgreSQL/postgresql-json-functions-and-operators.php
the extra parameter is called "use_json_as_text".

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:16:00 +0100

> On 23 Mar 2018, at 03:50, PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> the extra parameter is called "use_json_as_text”.

The use_json_as_text parameter was removed in commit a749a23d7af4db, the
definitions that remain in system_views.sql is for legacy compatibility with
9.3 which exposed this API.  The PostgreSQL documentation is thus correct.

cheers ./daniel