Subject: manpage enhancement in 9.3.1 on Linux

From: Karl-Philipp Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 19:49:40 +0100

Hi together,
I'm new to this list an hope to be in the right place to request a
documentation enhancement in the Linux manpage of pg_createcluster. I
was wondering what happens to an existing datadir (specified with the
--datadir option) filled with the content of a previously existing
database/cluster. Is it backed up? Is the content used, i.e. datadirs
pluggable to different clusters/databases created with pg_createcluster?
Is it deleted? One and a halve sentence or a link to extended
documentation in the section explaining the datadir option would be nice
and not too much for a manpage in my opinion.
I refer to the tag REL9_3_1 of the git fetch-URL
https://github.com/postgres/postgres.git.

All the best,
K. Richter

---

From: Josh Kupershmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:35:53 -0500

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Karl-Philipp Richter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> documentation enhancement in the Linux manpage of pg_createcluster.

I believe pg_createcluster is a Debian/Ubuntu-specific package, i.e.
not something created or maintained by core PostgreSQL. You may want
to raise your questions with your distro.

Josh

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs